Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nothing new so far




Nothing is new in my life either. I will have a look at some pictures I have taken recently and let you know what they are. This is one of the meals I have learned to cook. Marinated Lamb Cutlets with Bacon Carbonara and snow peas came out really nice. I have now five dishes that I can do well. This is after trying a total of eight and when I have seven good ones, I can rotate every week. All that is missing now is a wife in a dark suit with a business career and three snotty kids who hates any food that I make. Then the picture would be complete and I could finally have the family I never had. No offence to my ex wife and her children. They were good but I was never too popular with any of the in laws. Once, when I turned off the power to the kids Play Station and put a padlock on the fridge, their father threatened to beat me up, so you can see why I had some communication problems. I can for my life not understand how the kids are not epileptics and obese, but the truth is that they grew up to great people, so I finally learned something from their dad. "Thanks Dad!"


The other day I had the opportunity to see the A380 take off for Los Angeles. It was a very impressing event since I was standing on the tarmac together with some colleagues. Afterwards I realised that there was almost no noise when the aircraft took off. Certainly different from last time I experienced something like this. Once I assisted a professional photographer in photographing a Jumbo Jet's front wheels during take off on a wet runway.


These were the particular requirements of the client (SAAB). They wanted their advert to show how safe their cars was on wet roads. Me and my photographer lied down on the grass just beside the beginning of the runway with a camera each ready for the aircraft to appear and take off. Since we did not calculate how wide the wing span was, we had engine number four passing us less than 20 metres away. When the pilot reved up to full throttle with all brakes on, my boss stood up, threw his $10 000 Nikon F1 on the ground and ran like hell...Being half deaf already, I could not quite see what the problem was, except my head was rattling like a maraca and I could not see much with the storm blowing into my face. The same job also resulted in one of my favourite pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment